Mostyn Just In…
Posted by cathedralofshit on May 28, 2011
Not only does PR Mostyn Open Prize Winners 20113 press release contain high quality gibberish, but also prompts the following…
1) is Richard Wentworth high on alcopops? “how great it is to see those 5 young creative lives flare up in a group flame – may they (and the others) burn very very bright.”
2) why can’t 3 judges actually judge and pick an outright winner without lame excuses?
3) Mr Wentworth, sculpture prof at RCA, Vasilis Asimakopoulous, sculpture graduate at RCA. Hmm.
4) Isn’t Fern Thomas, one of the winners, Karen McKinnon’s assistant at the Glynn Viv gallery?
5) Dont worry, it’s in Wales, no one gives a shit.
And, hang on, maths time. The Mostyn got nearly 1200 entries at £20 a pop = £24k
Minus the prize money = £14k
Even with 49 artists pocketing the ‘generous’ artist fee of £60 (£3k total) and with masking tape costs, a few nibbles and cheap bottled lager, that leaves £11k floating around Snowdonia.
At least they wont go short in Venice. Bring on the ash cloud!