Posted by cathedralofshit on February 27, 2011
Artforum’s Scene and Herd seems to have forgotten who its readership is. Sarah Lehrer-Graiwer and Jeff Hassay, for you, forty lashes.
“All the while, Jeffrey Deitch fluttered about the room like a bespectacled moth, looking softly into peoples’ souls for a flicker of flame, a pleasant quarter-smile fixed on his face.”
“Diane Von Furstenberg glided through the eye candy, lifted by the airy waves of her coiffed frizz and donning conspicuously large sunglasses, at once perfectly fitting into the crowd and popping out like a calico cat in a room full of albinos.”
“The sexual tension in the room was so palpable you could wrap it in lettuce, dunk it in soy sauce, and take a big, crunchy bite out of it along with the other appetizers”
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Artforum's Scene and Herd | Leave a Comment »
Posted by cathedralofshit on September 29, 2010
It was once a magazine packed full of intense debate on the nature of modernism. It’s now a strangely-shaped adjunct to its own glossy ‘Hello’ style website gossip column – and to celebrate here’s our favourite ever Artforum ‘Scene and Herd’ line: “Any event that seats Cecily Brown, Klaus Biesenbach, Rob Pruitt, Alison Gingeras, Normal Rosenthal, Carol Vogel, Ryan McGinley and Aurel Schmidt on the same table with Michelle Obama’s political director Ebs Burnough raises the bar on fun.”
Artforum, we salute you!
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: artforum, Artforum's Scene and Herd | Leave a Comment »
Posted by cathedralofshit on April 1, 2010
Thanking you your emails. Our inbox is bursting with 10 – 12 emails all from this last month. INCREDIBLE.
Here are the answers to your questions. I’m sure you can work out which answer is for you.
1) 35,000 views as of today. Not bad eh? If we actually had any real information we’d be a danger.
2) A whole team. Based in Homerton and Milton Keynes, the UK’s art epicentres.
3) Of all the people you have suggested, yes, one is right.
4) Simon Popper, Jasper Joffe, Eva Berendes, Ed Lipski, Mona Hatoum and Susan Collis, in that order.
5) Around 20 – 30, depending on the weather.
6) Strictly handbag house. Well, and Gerry Rafferty.
7) Around another 3 – 4 months.
8 ) Full-time
9) Artforum’s Scene and Herd.
10) No fucking way. In your wildest dreams my foul-mouthed friend.
Thanks. Happy Easter.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Artforum's Scene and Herd, Ed Lipski, Eva Berendes, Jasper Joffe, Mona Hatoum, Simon Popper, Susan Collis | Leave a Comment »